Achieving Income Tax Efficiency
- We seek to minimize the drag of income taxes on the growth in net worth by:
- exploiting opportunities to shift income from employment years, when it would bear the maximum tax burden, to retirement,
- utilizing investments which offer intrinsic tax efficiency, and
- allocating investments sensibly between tax-deferred and taxable accounts.
- As part of this effort, we monitor the client's annual tax situation and suggest tactics to lighten the overall burden.
- Where appropriate, we prepare a strategy for benefiting charity in a way that makes optimal use of the tax benefits.